Upon wrapping up South Park: The Fractured But Whole, I was left with three lingering thoughts, The first two were “That was totally fun, and I need to play it again,” and the third was “boy, that was a super niche game.” It’s that last thought that made me go and write this Virtual Bastion post on gaming niches and the the games that populate them.
At the start of the new year, I accomplished a minor feat — I finally completed the main story of South Park: The Fractured But Whole. In the immediate afterglow, I grabbed a notebook and jotted down a few thoughts on the game. There are as follows:
- Great story — totally absurd premise based in reality (the proliferation of superhero movies and their universes)
- Really doubled down on social commentary, occasionally to the point of exhaustion
- I need to find out more about “memberberries!”
- Better combat than South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Layers upon layers of South Park-iness
- Who would play this game but South Park fans?
View original post 647 more words