When I enter the back end of my site, I’m usually greeted with heaps of spam and maybe a few nice comments. So what a fantastic surprise it is to see that one of those nice comments is about an award, the One Lovely Blog Award.
I’m tremendously flattered that Ninety Nine Percent Gaming, a great blog in its own right, was kind enough to send the nomination. My sincerest thanks goes out to 99%’s admin Michael. You should head over there to check out his site – read, bookmark, comment, and enjoy!
Now, I see that some rules come along with this acceptance. Sacrifices must be made for the cause I suppose, and they are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire
- Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
First point, done. So onto the 7 things:
1. I grew up in a small town outside Philadelphia.
2. The dumbest song currently on my IPod is “Peanut Butter Jelly Time.”
3. I have a soft spot for Troma and Troma-distributed movies, like Cannibal: The Musical.
4. I really like Trivial Pursuit — even the insane original version.
5. My favorite book is Alice in Wonderland.
6. As a kid, I loved winter. As an adult, I hate it.
7. I’ll wait in line for an hour to ride a roller coaster, but never more than 15 minutes for a table at a restaurant.
Choosing 15 great bloggers/blogs is like choosing 15 great sand grains from the beach. But here goes:
My Two Caps
The Duck of Indeed
At the Buzzer (go for the blog, stay for the podcasts)
Naturally Uncanny Reviews
Plus 10 Damage (again, blog + podcasts)
Words Form Windows
Another Gamer’s Blog
PLAY ON THIS
We Are Finally Cowboys
The RPG Square
Gamer, Writer, Cynic
The Royal Decree
This list is heavy on gaming blogs, but most of them also offer personal insights into other things and life, often but not always through the lens of gaming. Go on…start clicking…show them some love! It’s tough being a grain of sand on the beach of blogs, so it’s nice to know that some folks are doing more than just walking on by. I’d like to send a giant thank you to all my readers and supporters, and to all the bloggers who help keep me amused, informed, and engaged. THANK YOU 😀